A Filipino restaurant that was nearly shut down in Las Vegas earlier this year over supposed health violations was in trouble again this month following another unannounced inspection by SNHD health inspectors.
A report said inspectors from the Southern Nevada Health District gave demerits to Cutting Board Filipino Gastropub for allegedly having inadequate hand washing facilities and ineffective pest control, among others.
Cutting Board received a C grade and 39 demerits — almost the same grade and demerits it received during a routine inspection in April.
A food reviewer on KTNV said health inspectors have called Cutting Board’s food “unfit for human consumption” because of moldy surfaces and vegetables, expired dairy products, and meals prepared in unsafe temperatures and conditions.
Managing Partner Barry Picazo argued that health inspectors caught them off-guard, though he admitted that some of their produce were expired and blamed it on training issue.
Picazo insisted that Cutting Board has since fixed its health violations.
Despite its poor health rating, Cutting Board still has favorable reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Facebook